Hundreds of Scouts and Scouters like yourself from across the northeast and around the country have enjoyed the fellowship, learning, and camaraderie of this conference. The Northeast NYLT Course Director’s Conference is built for collaboration between youth and adults in attendance. It takes many youth and adults in every council to build a sustaining youth-led NYLT culture. Bring your youth and adult leaders to maximize the benefits to your council NYLT program! A list of some of the past sessions at the conference are below:
- Administration and Planning of Council NYLT Courses
- NYLT Leadership Academy
- NYLT Staff Selection & Development
- NYLT Marketing & Promotion
- Empowering Youth Leadership
- Initiative Games & Campfire Programs
- NYLT is a “Special Place”
- How Council Clusters can Promote & Conduct NYLT Courses.
- Problem Solving Panels
- Getting youth on board with change
- Mentorship (Youth to Youth and Adult to Youth)
- NYLT is a “Special Place”
- Electronics on an NYLT course
Also, representatives of several northeast Councils and NYLT Leadership Academy staffers will share their experiences with NYLT Course Director’s Conference participants. We invite you to bring your own Council’s materials and information to share during the conference.
The program is fast-paced, involving, interactive sessions on key subjects ranging from promotions to program features, grub to gamesmanship, finance to fun, staff development to sustaining enrollment, camperships to campfires. We’ll also have several sessions to address specific issues you may have in your own Council. And, we’ll have sessions for Council startups. In short, everything you could want to know about starting or improving your Council NYLT program will be covered at this conference!
The staff for this Conference has deep experience drawn from across the northeast and around the country.
You will spend many hours in the company of other Scouts and Scouters who are interested in helping you to run the best training course that your council has ever had. We will do our very best to make it a worthwhile experience.
The virtual conference fee for youth and adult attendees is $40.
- If your Council has not recently conducted a NYLT course, this NYLT Course Director’s Conference would be a great start to prepare for the future.
- You may wish to bring your Council’s promotional flyers, videos, staff development guides and other materials to display or share. Please bring it electronically to share.
- This conference is open to anyone interested in National Youth Leader Training and is not restricted to just those presently conducting their Council’s NYLT course.
- We welcome NYLT Scouts and Scouters from all councils nationwide.
- Every year that you go, you come back with new ideas and procedures to implement at your home course which you may not have thought of.
- The ability to meet Staff Members, Course Directors, Scoutmasters, Youth leaders and more from all over the country to share ideas, gain new perspectives, and to have a lot of fun!